minor details about making stuff

adventures in yarn!

Thursday, August 02, 2007

while my mom is having a summer of lace, i'm having a summer of sweaters and stained glass.

i recently completed my fourth sweater from stefanie japel's book, fitted knits. these sweaters each live up to the name of the boook as flattering and easy to wear. i can see myself making almost all of the projects in this book eventually, but in the meantime i've been working on a green tea sweater from the spring 07 interweave knits.
living by the sea is difficult when you're a couple of packrats. the open spaces of my house and deck are filling up with all sorts of things that wash up on the beach. as the jeweler i tend to come home from a walk with a sack of tiny treasures, while greg usually brings back one inappropriately large object that is either heavy or awkward and makes for an interesting rest-of-the-walk home with it.
my theory is if i'm creative with the things that i collect then i can continue to bring them home.

when i finish it, this window will hang in our dining room where it will gracefully ward off hurricanes much like the ones which created these shards.

5 Comments:

Blogger cindy said...

Katie............4 sweaters!! Wow...........you have beat your mom in that department. I LOVE the stained glass......what a beauty it will be in your home............

7:04 PM  
Blogger calicokitty6 said...

Hi. I love the stained glass. I have several projects on-going with mine right now,too.

The sweaters look great. I'm still knitting socks. lol

3:42 PM  
Blogger Iris said...

Hey, nice picture of the stained glass. It will look so lovely hanging in the window.

I'm wearing the green sweater as I type this! Got lots of compliments on it again today (as I do every time I wear it!)

7:16 PM  
Blogger Tony Carpenter said...

I love the stained glass. Such a beautiful idea!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home