minor details about making stuff

adventures in yarn!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

i got my invite to ravelry! so exciting. i don't think i realized when i sign up just how exciting it would be. as my mom put it, it's going to eat up a lot of knitting time to get it all set up. but once it's set up . . . wow.
the stash section has me a little stumped, though, because so much of my yarn is thrifted or recycled. i'm not sure how to categorize that stuff.
i love that once i enter a project i'm working on i can click on the link to other people's finished versions of it. or if i get upset with a sweater and want to reuse the yarn i can see what other knitters have done with that yarn. so exciting!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ravelry is sooo good. So good. I honestly thought it wasn't that big of a deal until I got "let in" and then I was like, WHOA. It is so handy, especially for someone like me that doesn't take very good project notes. As I'm working on something, I can go into the notes on that project and add a little info... it's great. I don't really use the stash part b/c a lot of my stuff is a mystery, too! The pattern section is awesome... and since you are a designer, you should have a section for your patterns! Neato =D

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yipee!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Mirela Popovici said...

Ravelry rules! I can't believe I'm in either! username: mirela

I also let a friend who wants to start knitting have a peek inside Ravelry and she is now hooked too, obsession

I just found your blog and love all your work.

Thank you so much for the Galaxy Top pattern/instructions!

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home